Your Guide to Safe Stripping!
Here are some helpful hints to minimise dust & damage in your home, preparation is the key to an efficient job.
- All Stripped use large and EXTREMELY NOISY electric Jackhammers and vacuum systems to complete flooring removal. We recommend that you notify your surrounding neighbours of noise emission.
- We use large industrial Vacuum systems, with specially engineered components attached to all of our equipment to control and MINIMISE DUST. Insufficient electrical power may inhibit our vacuum systems and dust free process.
- Ensure your All Stripped crew have free access to the work area. REMOVE ALL FURNITURE & appliances from your floor area & all items from your kitchen bench. All reasonable care will be taken but we will not be liable for damage to any items left in or around the work area. Labour charges will be incurred if our crews need to disconnect appliances or remove furniture.
- CONCRETE SLAB CONDITION after flooring removal will depend on the original slab condition before flooring was laid and how hard or soft you slab is. If you have a soft slab there may be holes/grooves and marks from removing your flooring. Any major repairs to sub-floor will require additional charges.
- DAMAGE. In the process of removing flooring there may be some chips to paint work, skirting boards and kitchen kick-boards around flooring area. All Caution is taken, but some tiles do shatter & may accidentally scratch paint and skirting boards. All paint touch ups and repairs are the responsibility of the client.
- The final condition of a TIMBER SUB-FLOOR after flooring removal depends on: How well the flooring is stuck down and the actual condition of the sub floor. Timber sub floors WILL be damaged and marked by removal nails and glue. All care is taken during the removal process, however marks and scratches to timber sub-floor CAN NOT be avoided in some areas. If sub-floor is pine or chipboard, there may be MAJOR damage and holes to sub-floor as a result of removing directly stuck down flooring. Any repairs required to sub-floor is the responsibility of the client.
- On arrival your All Stripped crew will prepare your job before starting, confirm pricing & ask any questions that may be relevant to completing your job effectively. Most jobs are completed in a single day. FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED AT COMPLETION OF WORK, please ensure you have the appropriate payments ready for collection.
- Do you have SUFFICIENT POWER connected for our use, or temporary site power available? All Stripped uses a large amount of electrical equipment. (240V) Please have as many power points available as possible, on separate circuits.Minimal power will inhibit the safe operation of our machienry and delay job completion. If we have problems with insufficient power, waiting charges may apply untill power is fixed. In some cases the job may need to be postponed and a minimum job charge will apply.
- We seal and cap off all plumbing, EXCEPT GAS. Are there any plumbing fittings to be removed? Relevant charges will apply. If gas needs to be disconnected, this must be done by a licensed plumber prior to our work commencing, or waiting charges may apply.
- CAN YOU BE ONSITE when work is to start ensuring adequate job communication with the All Stripped crew on what you require? Can you be on site when work is complete to sign off that you are satisfied and make the appropriate payment? If you can not be on site, then is the area clearly marked? Is there a key left out? Will you be contactable if there is a problem, if we have any questions and to make payment?
- What is the site access; (Stairs, Lift – how many levels) Is there sufficient parking on-site for a Ute and trailer? Any special instructions for access or parking requirements? If parking permits or payments are required this will be at additional cost.
- Waste Removal: WE TAKE AWAY ALL WASTE, in most cases this is included in the total price. If there will be additional charges, the All Stripped crew will inform you on-site. Are there any materials that you want to retain? Be very clear about these items. If a skip bin is required where would you like it placed? (driveway, front yard) in most cases a bin will only be on your property for 1-2 days. Extra council fees will be incurred for bins placed on verge or road.
- NSW Clients; due to the high variation in local Govt fees and waste charges in different suburbs, All Stripped can not accurately estimate the cost of waste Disposal. CLIENT IS RESPONSIBLE TO ORGANISE & PAY FOR WASTE DISPOSAL. Please order bin at least 48hrs before job date, and ensure bin arrives on day before job booking. All Stripped recommend Dial a Dump. www.dadi.com.au 02 9519 999 OR www.rentaskip.com.au
- Post Stripping Work, WHAT WILL YOU BE RE-LAYING? This is very important to ensure the All Stripped crew can prepare your floor for re-laying if required. If you are re-laying timber flooring, large porcelain tiles or vinyl you may need some floor leveling or feather coating to ensure your floor is smooth and flat before your new floor can be laid. All Stripped can provide these services at additional cost, or advise you as needed. Please consult your All Stripped crew for further advice and requirements.
Call our friendly staff today with any questions or concerns you my have. 1300 760 589